Tuesday 28 January 2014

Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette


As you can guess, todays post is about the wonder that is the Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette. First things first, 10/10 for packaging Urban Decay, it's absolutely gorgeous! The palette is a bit bulky but feels totally high end and as it's a palette you probably won't be taking it anywhere with you - so size isn't really an issue!

The palette features 20 shades which are (mostly...) very wearable! They have got the balance of neutrals and brights just right here which is good news for me as I'm definitely a play-it-safe kinda girl...


I forgot to do swatches (oops.. google them!) but decided to have a little go with a few of the less garish colours. I used the shade Dope all over my lid followed by Ambush and a little bit of Radar in my crease with Smokeout along the lash line.

I must apologise as I was very naughty and just popped make up over the top of existing (and a good few hours old..) make up. Don't hate.


I can assure you the above photograph looked a lot less soft focus before I put it into blogger, my apologies (any advice on how to stop this gratefully received).

I must say, and this is no exaggeration, these are THE most blendable shadows I have ever used. They are just dreamy. I used the palette's brush to put on shadow, then blended with my Mac 217 and this little duo worked really well.

As you can see, I didn't go too wild with the smokeyness but can imagine this palette being perfect for night-out make up (being pregnant I can't comment too much on it's ability to stay put whilst you sweat it out on the dancefloor).

My only criticism about the palette is that it totally lacks highlight shades! I had to steal another shade from my Pixi Alchemy palette (review to come soon!) for my inner corners and brow bone, but I guess the Vice 2 palette is just a little too 'badass' for that.

Do any of you guys have the Vice 2 palette? What are your thoughts?

Lyd 
xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment