Friday 31 January 2014

Pixi Alchemy Palette Review


Today's post is a review of the Pixi Alchemy palette. I picked this up here (on sale, whoop!) a few weeks ago and have been suitably impressed. 

I must apologise for the terrible lighting in these photos, I took them in the dark - my bad!


The palette features 36 gorgeous metallic shades which are all totally wearable. They aren't named, but I did my eyes using the shades from the 4th line from the right in these photographs. 

The set comes with a brush (not pictured, oops!) which I instantly discarded as it was pretty crappy. I stuck to my faithful Real Techniques shadow brush and Mac 217 to apply and blend these. 

Now I may be reviewing these too closely to the Urban decay palette, and I must say they aren't quite as blendable and require a little bit more TLC to get a smooth edge but due to how beautiful the shades are I can forgive this. 

I really think this is a lovely addition to your collection, so many of these shades you would never see anywhere else!


Have any of you tried this palette? What do you think?

Lyd
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow so many shades for such a little price, sounds great x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete