Thursday 15 January 2015

Illamasqua Liquid Metal's Palette





Isn't this palette just dreamy? I love Illamasqua for products which are going to pack a punch of colour, so when I saw this palette online I was lusting after it pretty hard! 

The palette contains four metallic shades which are all wearable (hooray for neutrals!) and this palette would be an ideal go-to party staple. 

The only shade I probably won't get much wear out of is the silver, as gold tones suit my skin tone better, but the other 3 are all SO useable. My favourite has to be the gold toned champagne (second swatch), just stunning! 

These are VERY creamy, so I would recommend using them as a base for a longer lasting look. (I think pairing this with the Urban Decay Naked or Vice palettes would be great for an intense shimmer!) Having said this, once they've been allowed to dry they don't crease too much, considering how creamy they are. The other advantage to the creamy formula is they are so easy to blend. I'm talking a matter of seconds for a seamless blend! 

As per usual, they are SUPER pigmented, but a little of this is lost when blending, so additional layers or setting with some powder pigment would be needed if you were going to try a really dramatic look. 

I'm going to use this to create a gold liner look next time I'm out on the town (hopefully sooner than later...!).

What do you guys think of this palette?

xxx




7 comments:

  1. Wow this looks gorgeous! I've never tried Illamasqua as it's tricky to come across here in Canada. Beautiful photos.

    Erin | Erin and Katherine Talk Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are seriously pigmented! Looks stunning!

    http://arnellavanilla.com/category/home/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this palette! Nearly picked it up for myself but I have a few of the single Liquid Metals so didn't have much of a reason to!
    I love using them as an eye shadow base and pressing similar shades over the top, you can really experiment with lots of different textures and products to create some amazing looks!

    Francesca xo // EffStar Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. have never tried illamasqua products but i really want to! They seem so amazing!

    ------------------

    http://breakfastataris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pigment in these shades is just wow, such a great punch of colour. I've never tried anything from Illamasqua before but definitely intrigued now x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost bought this the other day when scrolling through the Illamasqua website, it's so perfect for a metallic quad!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete