Saturday 3 January 2015

Stila 'In The Light' Eye Shadow Palette





(wearing bare and kitten as a base, gilded gold around lash line and sunset through crease)

So I was lucky enough to receive the Stila In The Light palette (£25 here) in my Christmas stocking this year, and let's just say I was a little bit excited to crack it open... 

Although it was the gorgeous colours which sold me on this one, Stila is a brand I haven't tried that much from so I didn't really know what to expect when it came to formula and staying power. It turns out they did pretty well here - I would liken the formula and application to Urban Decay (the undisputed king of eyeshadow formula in my eyes) and the staying power is relatively good although a lot of the shimmer did eventually fall out on me. 

Another plus with this palette is the inclusion of the smudge stick in damsel (it's black...) which has an RRP of £13, so a steal really! I really like this smudge stick and have actually ordered another one in white for my waterline. 

My only downside to this palette is the packaging... I like really sturdy packaging so palettes can travel well but unfortunately this is made with cardboard, BUT it does have a mirror inside which is a plus! 

All in all, I think this is a really nice palette - definitely a good, slightly cheaper alternative to the Urban Decay Naked palettes. 

I'm now lusting over the In The Know palette full of beautiful matte shades!

Have you guys tried the In The Light palette?

Lyd
xxx



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful colours and lovely post :)

    Stephanie | www.dearstephiiie.com

    ReplyDelete