Tuesday 13 January 2015

The Body Shop Honey & Beeswax Hand and Foot Butter




So... another Body Shop product I hear you say? I know, I know... but they have so many products that just work  y'know? 

During the recent cold spells we've been hit with in the UK, my hands have really been suffering. Being a mum as well, I'm washing my hands a lot more than the average person and stripping them of all there natural oils. It got to the point where my hands were so dry they were chapping and even bleeding in some places. Ouch. 

I already had the Hemp hand cream from The Body Shop which is famous for it's hand-fixing properties, but I just CAN'T stand the smell. I popped onto their website in search of an alternative and found this little beauty, and after a skim read of it's glowing reviews, into the basket she went...

The consistency of this is not that dissimilar to the body butters, just silkier and a little less greasy feeling on the skin. This is obviously a heavy duty moisturiser, so you are going to feel it on the skin once applied but it's not too long until it's all absorbed (especially with skin as thirsty as mine...).

The product has a faint sweet honey smell.. nothing overpowering which, personally, I like. It's aso packed with beeswax for some natural moisture boosting. 

I'm not not usually one for foot care, bar the occasional pedicure... Something about applying lotion to my feet seemed to gross me out a little bit (they're only feet, Lyd, c'mon...) BUT I have tried this on my feet and I have to say it does work wonders at softening everything up - definitely a good lounging in front of the TV task.

The only problem I have with this product is the packaging, which was also reflected in the online reviews... It's almost impossible to open the jar without hurting or catching your fingers because the mechanism is so stiff. I really hope that The Body Shop take note and change this, because the rest of the product is amazing!

You can buy The Body Shop Hand and Foot Butter for £10 here

Have any of you guys tried this? 

xxx


4 comments:

  1. This looks divine! I'm absolutely loving The Body Shop at the moment! :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hand Cream is something I seriously need to get into, especially with a job in fashion retail! My hands are always dry and they look very aged! Thanks for the recommendation!

    Francesca xo // EffStar Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this looks gorgeous and sounds amazing! I do have a small hand cream addiction, my take is that you can never get enough :)

    Allie | RainyAllie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need this in my life ! next stop: Body Shop

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete