Sunday 25 January 2015

Soap and Glory 'Arch de Triumph' Brow Pencil and Highlight w/ Swatches






After hearing good things about the Soap and Glory 'Archery', I picked up their 'Arch de Triumph' brow pencil and highlighter, hoping to find a good, handbag friendly 2-in-1 product which could help to make me look a little more alive during these cold winter months. 

The packaging, as per usual with S&G, is very cute. The product itself is a chubby two ended pencil which is dinky enough to fit into your make up bag. 

Now my feelings about the actual product are mixed.... 

I LOVE the highlight end - its matte! So you can add a little shimmer over the top or keep it matte for a natural looking highlight. I do like to pop something on my brow bone every day, so having a good supply of matte highlights for here is crucial for me. The formula is also quite creamy, very blendable and is easy to build up if needed. 

Now on to the pencil... Now I did not have huge expectations with this one. I knew I wouldn't love it because the colour is too ashy for a redheaded girl like myself (the constant struggle with brow colour is real...). The formula of this is very hard, which I understand a lot of people will prefer in their brow pencils, but I really struggled to get much colour payoff - on the swatch on my arm I had to really go for it - and it hurt! For me? A waxy formula is best. 'Archery' would probably suit me better but, again, the formulas are ashy which just looks odd with red hair. 

I still love this product for the highlight, I just wish you could buy it on its own!

Have any of you guys tried this product?

XXX






3 comments:

  1. I really want to try this out! I prefer waxy brow products though, so i'm not sure if i'll get one well with the brow pencil.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the look of the highlight part of this product, i may give this a go although i really want to try out their archery product first! nice post!

    fashion, beauty and an existential crisis

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks amazing...definitely adding this to my list of things to try :)

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete