Thursday 8 January 2015

Lyd Bakes: Fleur and Mike's Birthday Surprise Cake



So a while a go I saw this video by Fleur (of Fleur de Force) and her husband Mike cooking an awesome cake for the Sainsburys food channel. 

I have to say, this is one of the coolest looking birthday cakes I had ever seen and it is relatively simple to make, so I had to have a go. 

The original recipe cuts out the middle and fills it with sweets, but I omitted this part as, as far as I'm concerned, cake trumps Haribo. So the bake was even easier for me, hoorah! 

The recipe for this cake is here  - be warned, you may be finding stray hundred and thousands around your home for a few months after making this. 

Have you guys got any good baking suggestions?

Lyd 
xxx

3 comments:

  1. Wow this looks amazing!
    I recently made cupcakes with nutella butter cream - tasted amazing!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good, you have done such a good job! I don't bake cakes enough, always doing cupcakes and cookies so I definitely need to try this! x

    Jasmin Charlotte | UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job, it looks really good! I bet the taste was just as good ;)

    Frankie x
    Crazyblondegal

    ReplyDelete