Sunday 11 January 2015

Illamasqua 'Spell' Lip Pencil




I have a lot of red lipsticks, so it's rare that I find one where the shade really wow's me... Illamasqua's 'Spell' just so happens to be one of these gems. 

Spell is a coral toned red which is not that dissimilar to Mac's Lady Danger (in fact, this would be a perfect lip liner for that), but unlike Mac lip products, which I can find a little drying, this is the creamiest formula of lip pencil that I have ever tried. The creamy formula means you can apply these lip pencils as an all over colour so easily, without any annoying tugging or breaking which can occur in other brands. The only hindrance to this is that it is slightly less easy to get a perfect edge, as you don't keep the sharp nib that a stiffer formula would. 

All in all, I love this shade and would definitely recommend it to other red haired or paler girls like myself. I will definitely be picking up a few more lip pencils from Illamasqua in the future!

***ILLAMASQUA SPELL IS NOW ONLY £7.50 WITH FREE DELIVERY FROM THE ILLAMASQUA WEBSITE HERE***

What do you think of these lip pencils?


xxx

7 comments:

  1. Looks so good! I've been searching for a red lip colour but not found one yet that suits me. I too am a pale girl with red hair, so thanks for the review, I'll have to try this one :-)
    twitter.com/lifeofsinead

    ReplyDelete
  2. So tempted by this. Lady Danger is an old favorite of mine but I also tend to find it a little drying - maybe this is the one for me! Your photography is stunning by the way.

    onemorebeautyblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous colour! I normally find pencils and lipsticks really drying so I might have to try this out too x

    Antonia | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  4. the colour looks amazing!!
    I have not tried a lip pencil yet, I just use lipstick haha! but I did get some things in the Illamasqua sale :)


    Melissa || www.vintagemelissa.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds lovely, you look beautiful wearing this shade! I've only tried out a couple of products from Illamasqua, but I think this may be going onto my shopping list! Thanks for sharing and thanks for sending your link over in the twitter chat!

    Heather, porcelainbeautyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been given the maybelline one for Christmas because red lips are my thing! I do find it a bit drying so I'm really interested in this one, I've never even tried their products before!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Looks perfect! I would definitely wear it to the party :)

    http://iwish-zuzi.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete