Thursday 16 July 2015

So I Went To IMATS London 2015..








So on Saturday 11th July I finally went to my first IMATS London! I've been keeping an eye on the IMATS event for the past few years since getting interested in make up, but finally got to go this time.

After a long travel-sicking-inducing Megabus trip, myself and Ellie arrived in London and pretty much immediately got lost. We eventually made it to IMATs at the Olympia Kensingson about 2 hours later than planned and started to make the rounds. 

IMATS is BUSY. Like really busy. We had to abandon a lot of stands because the queues were just insane (NYX and Beauty Bay, I'm looking at you...). We were only in London for the day, so quieing for half an hour to get some discounted brushes didn't really seem worth it. 

I did, however, get my hands on some make up I can't normally get - Make Up Forever, Ben Nye, Beauty Blender etc. and they have a lot of the big names - NARS, MAC, Urban Decay, YSL etc. although these aren't too heavily discounted. I would say the discounts were between 10-30%, which is good if you buy a lot of stuff (bearing in mind the IMATS ticket itself will set you back £50). I'm definitely regretting not buying multiples of the stuff I bought - if I go again I will definitely be stocking up on the Make Up Forever foundation! 

The make up demonstrations going on over the event were incredible. There is a big focus on stage / film / SFX make up and the artistry is just mesmerising! 

If you're a make up artist or just love buying an obscene around of make up then I would definitely recommend going! 

I posted this photograph of my haul... (although it includes a few extra London bits!) 


xxx


Follow

| TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST |

No comments:

Post a Comment