Sunday 3 May 2015

April Favourites 2015



So another month has swiftly passed us by, and I have another bunch of favourites to share with you all!

I've really been getting into the coloured eyeliner look this month and blue has been the colour I reach for most. This eyeliner is genuinely the creamiest and most blendable formula I've ever tried. It packs some serious pigment and metallic-y-ness too, it's pretty hard to believe it's only by Maybelline!

In case you missed it, I raved about the Milani blushes here a couple of days ago.. so not too much needs to be said here. This blush / highlight / bronze combo is perfect for adding a flush of colour to the face and will definitely be a summer staple of mine! 

I've been using this brush not for powder, but for blush. Mostly I've been using this to apply the Milani powder and I love the finish it gives. I'm on the fence about a few of the Make Up Revolution Brushes (review of the set shortly..) but this one gets a huge thumbs up from me. It's pretty dense, really soft and really great for powder blush application! Oh and did I mention it's only £4?!

It's been a while since I got excited about a classic Barry M Nail Paint. I'm pretty sure I bought about 75% of the collection when I was about 19... but they sort of just got forgotten about, despite being great polishes! Anyway.. I was recently on the hunt for a muted pink glitter shade. I thought Essie did one, but couldn't find it at the counter so settled for this one. I'm pretty glad it turned out this way, because it's beautiful! It has larger chunks of pink glitter in, and smaller multi-tonal ones in. I layer it over a nudey colour... not the Spring-y-est of nails, but beautiful all the same!

This month I had quite a lot of my hair chopped off... so styling and maintaining my hair just got about 500x easier. This new-found lightness to my hair has also got me trying to get even more volume in my hair, and a few squirts of this when I blow dry adds just that. It doesn't leave any residue in the hair either like a lot of volumising products do, and it smells great!

Now I don't really need help in the lip plumping market... but they do intrigue me and for some reason this product caught my fancy. Like many products which claim to plump lips, this feels weird for about 10 minutes after application. It's quite balmy... I would liken it to the Revlon Kissable Balm Stains (or whatever they're called these days) only a little more matte, which I prefer. Now lip plumping wise, I didn't really notice much difference - but I wasn't really looking for it, so who knows... What I really liked about this product is the colour payoff and longevity. It definitely seems to have a staining agent in there, which I like.. as I don't usually want obvious lipsticks on, I just want some colour. The colour is definitely on the pink-side of red as well, which I usually avoid as I'm a redhead. But something about this one just works! 

Primark Mint Cami - £4
Now I'm not usually one to include fashion on my blog in any capacity.. but I picked this little cami up in a recent little Primark haul and I love it! It looks just the same as anything Topshop, River Island, Zara would offer, but only £4. AND THE COLOUR. It's swoon-worthy. I actually went back to try and buy more and couldn't see this one anywhere... so maybe it sold out. I did find a yellow version, but actually I don't recommend this unless its for over-bikini wear as it's basically see-through!

So that's the lot! What have you guys been loving this month?



xxx

1 comment:

  1. Some great picks! I love the Make Up revolution brushes!
    Here's my April faves if you want to take a look? :) goo.gl/HdqgIf xx

    ReplyDelete