Friday 6 February 2015

Lyd Bakes: Chocolate Fudge Cake


HOLY MOLY. Looking at this photo I want to eat this cake all over again, mmm. 

It was recently my boyfriend's little brothers 20th birthday, so I got back in the kitchen and whipped up another cake. Now, it's not as impressive as the last cake I made (which you can see here if you haven't read this yet), but I would say it definitely surpassed the last one in taste. This cake is so moist, but uses oil instead of butter in the sponge (which is great because I then spread butter icing all over it and topped it with chocolate...) 

I used the recipe below and would definitely recommend it - 

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6652/naughty-chocolate-fudge-cake

Then to add the chocolate on top I just used a block of dark chocolate and scraped along it with a knife (Jamie's food tube have a tutorial on this here which are much better than mine....)

Let me know what you've all been getting up to in the kitchen recently, I love hearing what you guys make and getting some inspiration! 

xxx


4 comments:

  1. Dear Lord, I want to eat that cake so much. Chocolate fudge cake is my all time favourite, I can't believe amazing that looks and how professional too. Mine always looks obviously home made...by a child!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks soooo delecious. Thank you very much - I'm hungry now :D

    xx Enja

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious!!! Think I need to attempt the make this

    ReplyDelete