Tuesday 31 March 2015

March Favourites!



FIRST THINGS FIRST... Let's all ignore the bit of blu tack peeking out from underneath the Barry M lipstick, yeah? #bbloggerproblems!

So there have been a few things that I've really enjoyed using this month. 

I'm really into Lavender in a big way at the moment. Life is pretty hectic... and it really helps me to unwind! The Original Source Shower Gel in Lavender and Tea Tree is perfect for me as I always shower before PJs - it really helps to get me in the sleepy zone! And only £1 at Boots at the moment, bargain!

Speaking of good smells.. I'm loving using room spritz from The Body Shop. Don't get me wrong, I love a good candle, but sometimes when you have a baby throwing half his dinner across the room whilst simultaneously filling his nappy you need a quick burst of fresh scent without the faff! I have a bottle of Mandarin & Tangelo in my kitchen / lounge which is citrusy, sweet and fresh! And with 40% off at The Body Shop at the moment, you can pick them up for a steal!

I had tried the L'Oreal original Infallible foundations before... and whilst the colour match was really good for me I didn't totally get on with the formula with these. It always slipped off the oilier parts of my face and creased a lot around my mouth and eyes. So I was intrigued when I saw the L'Oreal Infallible 24hr Matte version of this foundation, and popped it into my basket to give it a try. I've used it every day since - it's my new go-to drug store foundation! It really does last a long time, the shade range is great for the drugstore and it's mattifying - which I personally prefer in my foundation. It works great with the beauty blender, too!

On my lips I've been loving the new Barry M Gelly High Shine Lips. I haven't really had the time this month to do lipstick full stop. So this is a quick and easy way to get some colour on my face! It reminds me of the original Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains... only maybe slightly glossier. The longevity is great, too!

My new go-to cleanser this month has been the Una Brennan Rose Calming Creamy Cleanser which I reviewed here . Super gentle, luxurious and affordable! 

On my eyes, the Elf eye primer has been a staple this month. It evens out the skin tone on the lids perfectly and provides a smooth base for shadow. It's also a total bargain.... I think it's around £1 or £2. I can't find it on the website at the moment though, AGH!

Finally, my food favourite has to be Lindt. I love all Lindt, but in particular the Extra Creamy Lindt. I wish I was one of those girls which was satisfied with a cube of dark chocolate as my indulgent snack of choice, but I'm not. Chocolate is my vice, and Extra Creamy Lindor is the nicest milk chocolate you will find!

On to other random favourites...

On YouTube this month I've been loving watching Rebecca (Mrs Meldrum)'s vlogs - a scottish couple with two lovely little girls! Rebecca is really down to Earth, honest and just vlogs real life which is really refreshing! Her husband Lee is hilarious too ('hey guys!') - if you aren't subscribed alreayd, go and do so!

On TV I am OBSESSED with Pretty Little Liars, as the rest of the internet also seems to be. I watched it years a go but didn't catch the last couple of seasons. Still on season 4 now... no spoilers please!

AND FINALLY, I'M LOVING THE SUNSHINE! I'm so ready for summer to come around now we've had a little bit of Spring sunshine in Wales! 

What do you guys think of my monthly favourites?





xxx

4 comments:

  1. The L'Oreal Infallible Matte foundation sounds lovely - i've heard some great things about it so I really should try it out! I've been addicted to Pretty Little Liars too. I only ever saw the first two seasons the first time round so I rewatched it too.

    Antonia x | Fifi and the Diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made me want Lindt now! Hahah! Great post by the way

    Nicole ♥
    nicolelaurenblake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had you not mentioned the peeping tack, I would've never seen it. Don't say anything next time & nobody (well most) won't even see it hehe.
    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm on Season 4 of PLL too and i'm hooked!
    Here's my march favourites if you want to take a look? :) http://goo.gl/BPdsKn

    ReplyDelete