Wednesday 3 June 2015

May Favourites 2015!



So May was a pretty big month for me... I had all my second year exams (if you didn't know this already, I'm mid-way through a Business BA) and my little boy turned ONE! Absolutely crazy. 

I didn't love a huge deal of make up this month... to be honest, I was too busy to be trialling new make up and just went with what was easiet. I do have a few things, however, which have been getting a big thumbs up from me... 

I needed some shoes which I could comfortably wear without shoes, but also drive in. My boyfriend recently bought some Toms... so naturally I just copied him! I actually have these in the mens size. They look exactly the same as the womens, except the womens are SO slim. And I do not have particularly wide feet... so if you struggle with trying them on then I would definitely recommend the mens size. 

Sanctuary Spa 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask - £10.50
I've been breaking out A LOT this past month. I'm putting it down to stress... or maybe a rubbish skincare regime, who knows. But this little gem has been really helping when I have had a major breakout. Its initially warm, but in a nice way unlike some masks which make you feel like you're melting. I tend to leave on for around 20 mins (or however long the episode of whatever I'm watching is...) and the next day my skin looks clearer. I bought it alongside the Una Brennan Anti-Blemish mask, but I actually think this one does the job a lot better!

I Heart Make Up Goddess of Love Highlighter - £4.99
I bought this after Rebecca recommended it... A bit of an impulse purchase but at £4.99 you can't go wrong. This looks like it could be pretty intense, but it's actually really subtle and the colour pay off is pretty slight which I personally prefer for highlighting. It has creamy-pinky-peachy tones in it, unlike any other highlighters I own - it's dreamy. 

Maybelline Colour Tattoo Leather Effect in 98 Creamy Beige - £4.99
I had been using Illamasqua hollow on my lids as a base recently, but decided to give this purse-friendly option a go this month and I've been really impressed! I was pretty put off by the 'leather effect' title. I don't want leather-y eyelids thank you very much! However the formula seems the same as the other Colour Tattoo's as far as I'm aware... so I guess it's just the colour? Anyway, a great budget alternative to cream colour bases - especially the MAC ones, too!

Blistex Orange Mango Blast - £1.98
I like Blistex. I like Starburst. This smells like Starburst. Enough said really...

Taylor's Strawberry and Vanilla Green Tea - £2.29
I'm a green tea drinker, not a black tea drinker. I'm well aware, however, that plain green tea (whilst very good for you) tastes a bit... meh, so I'm always on the look out for good flavoured ones. I like tea's which come in little sachets - great if you're off the work! And these are really great considering the price!

And there we have it!

What have you guys been loving this month?



xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment