Saturday 8 November 2014

Maybelline Superstay Foundations


If, like me, you have a rosy but (very) pale complexion you probably have a pretty hard time finding colour matches for your skin. Of course then, occasionally, you will find a good match but the formula is off... Having picked up this foundation on a whim, I've been pleasantly surprised with how well is tackles both colour match and durability!

Weirdly, the colour for me is 'light beige'... but it's definitely got a pinky undertone and is better suited to what is usually referred to as 'porcelain' or 'light ivory'. I would say the coverage on this is pretty high, but this can be easily buffed away to a slightly lower coverage or even mixed in with moisturiser.

With regards to it's staying power... I don't know about 24 hour (who wears foundation for 24 hours?) but it certainly lasts all day on my skin without going dry or slipping about which is good enough for me!

I picked up both formula's and can't really tell if the 'better skin' formula is doing anything for me. They're both pretty similar, but I think I prefer the original formula... and if you're using your foundation for skincare then you're probably doing something wrong.

I'm really impressed with this foundation and it's great for long days where I'm lacking in the sleep department!

Have any of you guys tried this foundation?

Lyd
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Ooohh I haven't seen this foundation before but I like the maybelline BB cream during the summer time!

    Would love if you check out my blog! Just followed you on instagram :)
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete