Wednesday 5 November 2014

In My Make Up Bag: MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers





For the last couple of months I've been pretty rubbish with lippies. I can mainly put this down to laziness and spending too much time kissing my baby to bother putting it on, but I've been trying to make more of an effort to put it on recently and experiment with different formulas. 

I'd never been one for a lip lacquer... the only ones I'd tried in the past were the Rimmel Apocalips which I really didn't get on with. After reading a couple of rave reviews about these ones, however, I thought I would give them a shot, and at £3 a pop it was hardly hurting the bank balance. 

Firstly, the packaging of these is really nice. They actually look quite classy and much more expensive than they actually are. They apply with your standard doe-foot applicator which dispense a really nice amount. The formula of these is really pigmented and once they have dried they are not coming off easily! I ate / drank / kissed with this on my lips and it still didn't budge! I would definitely recommend using a lip balm underneath, as they are a little drying, but this is expected from this kind of product. 

There are ten shades in the range which I think is pretty good for a low end brand. I picked up the shades Funk (the deeper pink), Atomic (coral red) and Halcyon (nude). 

I was really excited about Atomic... but it showed up so orange on the lips. Don't get me wrong, it looked really striking and amazing but I just can't get away with that much coral with my colouring (I looked like a tangerine). Funk is nice as well, it's a purple based deep pink which looks incredible when layered over a liner or tint. 

The star of the show for me was Halcyon. I'd been searching for aaaages for a nude which doesn't make me look totally washed out and I've fallen head over heels for this one! It shows up quite dark with coral / pink undertones - as nudes go this is definitely more 'colourful' if you can call nudes that... I've been pairing this with the Rimmel lipliner in Tiramisu and I am in love! 

All in all, I am REALLY impressd with these and will definitely be picking up some more shades if I can find them when I'm out and about. 

Have any of you tried these lip lacquers?

xxx








1 comment:

  1. I have the one in Halcyon too and I absolutely love it! They're such good value for money :-) xx

    ReplyDelete