Monday 3 November 2014

My Breakout Saviour


I raved in recently in my 'Shower Staples' post here about my love for the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil Free Facial Wash, a product which pleasantly surprised me and I haven't been able to find since... After seeing these sister products, I thought I'd give them a go and see if they impressed me just as much...I wasn't disappointed. 



A couple of weeks ago I packed breastfeeding in for good, and my hormones have reaaaaally been letting me know. Early last week I was full of hormonal sickness (like morning sickness, only you're not even pregnant... how if this fair?!) and my chin erupted into the biggest under-the-skin painful mother bitch of a spot you've ever seen. As my skin had been pretty good up to this point, I was lacking in spot treatments so after a quick jaunt to my local Superdrug, I left with these bad boys (which I believe were also buy one get one free...bargain!) 

I know that a lot of people won't like the cleansing lotion, but I'm not recommending using this daily! It reminds me of my young teenage years when I stocked up on those Clearasil pads for that 1 spot I'd occasionally get... It's very stripping and feels a little bit like you're rubbing vodka on to your face. This being said you can feel that it's taking away all the nasties which are setting up camp in you skin. I have combination skin, so I just wiped this around my oily-ish T-Zone to get rid of any excess oils. 

The star of the show is definitely the Rapid Clear Treatment. This stuff claims to reduce spot size in 4 hours which I'm not 100% sure of, but it worked wonders for my mega-spot. I popped some of this on over night and by morning it had halved in size. The next night I did the same thing and it was gone! Usually the under-skin spots last for ages on my skin so this really is amazing for me! The best thing about this product? It's FOUR POUNDS. 

I would definitely recommend giving these a try if, like me, you're prone to getting some nasties on your face - you might be pleasantly surprised! 

xxx






1 comment:

  1. Hello! I love your blog - It's one of my favourites to read! I have never tried a Neutrogena product but I am prone to getting a few ugly spots on my face. I've also nominated you for the Leibster Award! Check my post for all the details (http://wafflingwaffles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/theleibsteraward). Apologies if you have already been nominated for the award and I have missed the post. If this is the case, leave a link on my post and I'll check it out ;) xo

    ReplyDelete