Tuesday 18 November 2014

Let's Get Juicing!

So.... on Sunday our kettle packed in and first thing on Monday morning the boyfriend headed out to our local supermarket to pick up another in it's place. Being a man, he failed at this mission but came home armed with a new juicer instead. I don't think it's the best juicer.... and in hindsight I would have preferred to spend more on something a bit more substantial... but hey, we're juicing noobs so anything will do for now! He picked up the Philips Viva Collection Juicer, a cute and compact white and green number - here's how we got on!








My boyfriend, Glenn, made himself a super healthy juice with 1 1/2 apples, 1/4 lemon with rind, 2 sticks of celery, half a naval orange, 1 carrot, half a thumb sized piece of ginger. He claims this was delicious... but personally anyone who enjoys the taste of celery is questionable in my books.....

Because I couldn't stomach this juice, I made a MUCH tastier juice with 1 pear, 1 apple, a handful of strawberries and raspberries, half a carrot, some pepper, 1 tomato, half a naval orange and half a lemon with rind. The result was actually pretty tastier and SO much easier to drink than homemade smoothies which tend to be way too bitty - this was silky smooth!

I'm excited to get a lot more use out of our juicer - if you have any recommendations for recipes please let me know!

Lyd
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Haha love it, not quite a kettle though ;) I still think I'd prefer a good cuppa in the morning. Though I do like smoothies and juice. While I do make my own smoothies, I've never tried juicing.
    Aimee
    http://aimeebelleblog.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete