Wednesday 15 October 2014

Things I Wish I Had More Time For...




I found increasingly recently that between studying full time, mothering a 4 month old and doing all of the housework I have very little time to myself. My other half is self employed and although he is sometimes home a lot, he is also sometimes working a LOT for all hours of the day which leaves me to get on with everything at home by myself.

I thought I would compile a little list of things I wish I could do more of... and maybe let you know in the future if I ever get round to doing so!

1. Sleep
I really really miss sleeping. I'm someone who can quite easily sleep for 10-12 hours if you let me. Archer still hasn't figured out how to sleep through the night and wakes up 2-3 times thrashing about / moaning / crying which, after 4 and a half months of no proper sleep is starting to really grate on me! Unfortunately, he doesn't really nap either so there's little time for catching up. I'm hoping when he starts sitting up and eating proper food in the next couple of months I'll see more sleep-filled nights on the horizon... we shall see...

2. Exercise
I hardly ever get to go to the gym at the moment. Mainly due to the gym requiring a babysitter... which is not the easiest.

3. Reading
This applies to both blogs and books... The only time I get to read is when Archer goes to sleep at night and I'm usually so exhausted that I fall asleep after a couple of pages...

4. Music
You may not (you won't) know this about me but I used to study music. I sang and played piano and sax but my main love was for composing. I'd love to have time to write some music some time soon.

5. Travelling
I can't drive so travelling with a baby basically sucks (public transport with a pram is one of my most feared things...). I'm hoping to be the proud owner of a pink license soon (the test is booked!) so hopefully we'll be able to get away sooner to visit friends / family and explore new places.

6. Blogging
I really wish I had more time to spend on my blog / social media / photo taking / editing etc... In an ideal world I would like to be posting every day but that's a pretty tough ask at the moment!

What do you guys wish you had time for?


xxx




1 comment:

  1. You'll get there, don't worry. Before you know it he'll be gone in preschool and school and you'll have a bit more time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete