Wednesday 1 October 2014

September Favourites '14


So, somehow, the 1st of October has rolled around already which can only mean it's time to talk September favourites. It's a mixed bag this month with beauty, baby and other favourites, let's get stuck in!

All month I've been using this squidgy pink sponge to apply my foundation and I am so impressed with the results. It gives sheer, buildable coverage and gives the most natural looking skin I've ever achieved. It's pricey, but compared to the price of any high end brush it's almost always going to be cheaper! A worthwhile investment to any kit and it can be used for both foundation and concealer. 

Rimmel London 'Just Let It Go' Waterproof Eye Make Up Remover - £3.59
I've been using this to remove my mascara all month as I have naturally oily lids and this is oil free. It removes an impressive amount of mascara pretty quickly. It's cheap, cheerful and does the job! 

The Body Shop Honey Bronzer - £13
I mentioned this in my recent The Body Shop haul and it was entered into my rotation straight away. This is the perfect shade for girls on the paler side like myself as it doesn't show up too dark or orange. It's also pretty matte so it's ideal for contouring - I use this with the Real Techniques contour brush which dispenses the perfect amount. The packaging is cute with a honey pattern embossed into the product and a sturdy case with a mirror which is perfect for on the go touch-ups. This is just as good as any high end product in my eyes and for about a third of the price you can't fault it!

I've been really enjoying using lip tints this month to add a bit of natural looking colour to my face and this has been my go-to product. It's really quick to use and adds a dark pinky shade which is perfect for a 'dressed down'  Autumn pout. Soap and Glory is usually on 3 for 2 at Boots, so you can usually catch a bargain as well! 

I'd forgotten about this shadow for a while and was just using other black's from whatever palettes I was using at the time, but after a recent rummage I rediscovered this beauty and decided to get it back into my daily routine. I've been using this to subtly line my lash line and it is perfect for adding definition to lashes because it is SO pigmented. There's usually little fall out as well. Pricey, but worth the splurge. 

I picked this up after seeing a couple of reviews about it and I am so impressed. You can use this to make hot chocolate, drizzle on ice cream or fruit or mix it into porridge. It tastes great and it's multi purpose but even better, it's vegan and only 14 calories per teaspoon! I like to use this for hot chocolate and porridge personally and a little will go along way. 

So my little guy has just turned 4 months, and throughout September he's firstly, started teething and secondly, learnt to hold and play with things. He has a couple of teether's but Sophie is definitely his favourite and it's the only one he can really hold and get to his mouth easily. He giggles when he looks at her too, so adorable!

My blogger and YouTube favourite is the same this month and that's Hannah Maggs - I love watching their vlogs especially, they have the cutest little family! Stefan always gets great footage and edits the videos so well, they really are a pleasure to watch!

I have to give another shout out to 30 Rock as well. I've just started watching it on Amazon Prime and have already nearly finished season 3, oops! If you like shows like The Office US, you'll like this!

Well.... that was a long one!

Have you guys tried any of these products?



xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment