Tuesday 16 September 2014

September '14 Birchbox


So I recently switched by monthly beauty box subscription from Glossybox to Birchbox after hearing good reviews about them as I was a little disappointed with the more recent Glossybox offerings... I've been receiving Birchbox's for a few months now but thought I would reserve my judgement to see if the contents really were better. So far, I've been really impressed with what I've received and thought I would post this month's box on here for anyone else thinking of getting a subscription.





This month's box is entitled 'Happy Days' in honour of the nostalgic 'back-to-school' theme which resonates all around throughout September. The box itself is super cute and I will definitely be keeping this for storage. As usual, the items come inside a miniature drawstring bag which I find super handy (I currently use these to store nappy bags and breast pads... ooh lovely!).

So the first item this month is Urban Fruit Strawberry Snack Pack. These are right up my street and I resisted the urge to dive in and eat these straight away. I like it when other lifestyle products are included other than just beauty to add some variety and help me try out new things!

Next up is ModelCo Power Lash Black Mascara. This I am less excited about as I already have a stash of unused mascaras building up and I very rarely like them (Maybelline The Rocket or Maxfactor Falsh Lash are about all that float my boat...) but nevertheless its a nice product and a useful addition, if not for me!

A new brand for me is Plush Therapy Mild Dermabrasion Face & Body Scrub. Now this pot is tiny so if I used it on my body it might just about do one knee and thats about it, so I'm guessing this pot is aimed for testing on the face... Looks like a nice creamy exfoliator so will be nice to give it a go. I usually save face minis for when I travel so this will probably hit that handy stash!

One thing that I'm really excited to try is the Korres Citrus Shower Gel as I've heard good things about the brand and I am yet to try anything. I gave the bottle a good whiff and I'm not too keen on the scent of this, I've definitely smelled nicer citrus scents (I'm looking at you, The Body Shop!) but I am willing to look past this for the sake of a potentially very nice product!

Finally, and I'm saving the best til last I think here, is the Benefit 'It's Potent' Eye Cream. Now I haven't had a proper nights sleep in over 15 weeks as my baby hasn't yet learned to sleep for very long during the nights, so my eyes definitely look a little bit worse for wear. This cream promises to brighten dark circles and generally make you look more alive... What's not to love?

They also threw in a little Birchbox photo clip which is pretty cute!

Do any of you guys get Birchbox's? What do you think?

xxx

3 comments:

  1. I have never tried any beauty boxes but they really seem like such a good idea, especially for bloggers who want to try a load of products! Your photo's are really great btw!
    I would love it if you took a look at my blog xx

    Emma
    www.emmalsrs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're great - like a little present to yourself each month! Love your blog, followed :) x

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! Thank you! Followed back x

      Delete