Monday 24 August 2015

Vintage Afternoon Tea at The Celtic Manor Resort!


Yesterday I was lucky enough to spend a baby-free afternoon trying the 'Vintage Afternoon Tea' at The Celtic Manor resort! If you're an M4 frequenter or a Welshie then you're bound to have seen the Celtic Manor before in all it's magnificence standing proudly in the Usk valley near Newport. 

The whole experience was very impressive. The grounds and the hotel are rather elegant and the Afternoon Tea experience was definitely one of fine dining! If you're looking to impress someone, then this is the place to go!

The staff are very courteous and will cater to any dietary needs you may have. Now, on to the important bit - THE FOOD! 




We were first given a glass of Rose Hip Lemonade and some dainty little Welsh Cakes. The Rose Hip Lemonade is possibly the nicest drink I have ever had. Seriously incredible stuff...



We were then presented with this huge stand of goodies to enjoy! Naturally, we started with the savoury selection - a selection of sandwiches, brioche and a tart. I love a cucumber sandwich, so I especially enjoyed the cucumber sandwich with lemon and mint mayonnaise.



We were then each presented with a FEAST of sweet treats. Seriously, 5 cakes each. Wow. I managed to eat half of each. Glenn miraculously managed to eat everything. Everything was incredible - but the Mocha éclair was the highlight for me!


And if that wasn't enough food, we were then treated to scones with clotted cream and jam - something I've found myself being particularly drawn to after a few weeks in Dorset! 

And of course there was tea! I went for the blackcurrant tea, whilst Glenn went for the Earl grey option. They're all loose leaf, delicate and delicious!

A trip to The Celtic Manor would be a lovely way to treat someone.. or maybe even treat yourself! It's only available on Sundays until the 6th September at £28pp, so be quick if you fancy it!  

xxx


***Disclaimer: I was offered the chance to try the Afternoon Tea at no charge, however all opinions are my own***




All About A Mini Norris
Follow

| TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST |

No comments:

Post a Comment