Saturday 21 November 2015

Faking a Winter Glow with Make Up Revolution

MAKE UP REVOLUTION HIGHLIGHTERS

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to highlighting. As someone with an oily t-zone, I was always a fan of keeping my skin as matte as possible, regardless of how half-dead I looked as a result. Over the past year or so though, I have built up a decent collection of highlighters and have come to use them on a daily basis to add a bit more glow to my face (and disguise the sleep-deprived parent look that I'm usually rocking...)

Make Up Revolution have some great highlight offerings which I thought I would share with you today, if you're looking for an affordable way to add a little bit of glow to your skin now that the winter is drawing in! 

MAKE UP REVOLUTION HIGHLIGHTERS

MAKE UP REVOLUTION RADIANCE PALETTE


MAKE UP REVOLUTION RADIANCE PALETTE SWATCHES
Radiance Palette Swatches: Left-Right - Breathe, Exhale, Glow

If I was going to suggest a 'must-have', it would be the radiance palette (£8). As you can probably tell I get A LOT of use out of the two highlighting shades, and despite having used this almost every day for a few months I am yet to hit pan.

I haven't tried the hourglass ambient lighting powders, but these are supposedly a dupe for those at a tiny fraction of the price! They are more subtle than regular highlighters and without any chunks of glitter, instead they just add a beautiful sheen to the skin. I use the first shade 'Breathe' around the under eye area and tops of cheek bones and the centre of the forehead then the second shade 'Exhale' to add a little extra glow to the tops of the cheeks and the brow bone. The third shade 'Glow' is a great bronzey shade for the summer months, too!

MAKE UP REVOLUTION GODDESS OF LOVE HIGHLIGHTER

MAKE UP REVOLUTION PEACH LIGHTS HIGHLIGHTER

MAKE UP REVOLUTION PEACH LIGHTS GODDESS OF LOVE SWATCHES
Left - Goddess of Love, Right - Peach Lights

Two of the separate highlighters Make Up Revolution offer are the Goddess of Love highlight (£4.99) and the 'Peach Lights' baked highlighter (£3) which both offer a light pinky glow - perfect for cool skin tones like mine. The Goddess of Love highlighter comes in gorgeous packaging (very similar to the Too Faced blushes...) and seems to have a little more depth to the colour which doesn't seem to show up in the swatches. Peach Lights is very similar though and a great affordable alternative.

I'm forever being impressed by Make Up Revolution. I'd love to know if you have any recommendations for me to try!

xxx

Follow

| TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST |

No comments:

Post a Comment