Wednesday 9 July 2014

FOTD: Lilac Eyes










Hey guys, I thought I would upload a quick face of the day today! Believe it or not this is one of the few times I have had a full face of make up on since my little one came along...

First off - lets ignore the state of my brows... they are in desperate need of a thread and tint.
I thought I would try something a little different and opted for a lilac eye using Maybelline's Color Tattoo in 'Light in Purple' and the Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette.

As a base I used The Body Shop's Vitamin C Skin Reviver which I've been loving using recently.

Then I used the Illamasqua cream foundation - this was my first time using this and the colour was a tad orange for my skin, but the finish of this is really nice!

I then used Illamasqua's 'Hollow' to contour and a Glossybox blush (no name, sorry!) on my cheeks.

For my eyes I used the Color Tattoo to prime my lids - this gives a lovely iridescent sheen to the lids! I then used 'Toxic' (bronze) in the crease to add warmth then put 'Betrayal' (the lighter purple) over the centre to edges of the lids, then a smudge of 'Voodoo' (the darker purple) in the outer edges and across my bottom lashline. Along the lashline I used the Collection Extreme liner in the purple shade.

I then used the 'Cupids Kiss' lip tint from MeMeMe and finished with Elf's Tone Corrector Powder and a light dusting of their Booster.

I've actually surprised myself as I really like the finished look and I am, generally, pretty colour-phoboc! I will definitely try using more subtle colours on my eyes in the future I think! (It would be a shame to let all these lovely colours in palettes go to waste!)

Let me know what you think!

Lyd
xxx


1 comment:

  1. You look lovely! Vice 2 was my first ever UD palette, but I haven't used it in a while. This post has made me want to dig it out again, maybe use along side the Electric palette? Haha! xx
    loujay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete