Tuesday 27 May 2014

Growing a Human: The Third Trimester!


So, as I write this I am 40 weeks + 3 days pregnant and definitely READY to get this little guy out! 

I must say, I have had a relatively easy pregnancy and don't have too much to complain about. Over the last 10-12 weeks I have definitely had the most weight gain (cry) but I know childbirth, breastfeeding and an active lifestyle is right around the corner so I'm not getting too down about this! I've also since week 37 suddenly got lots of tiny stretch marks which made me a bit miserable, but I'm hoping these will fade pretty quickly and they already look a bit better from using Palmers stretch mark massage cream every night. 

We've had some lovely weather for the UK over the last few months and I've definitely been trying to make the most of that and get out and about so can't say the pregnancy had hindered me that much, although a gin & tonic would have been nice!

I've found myself very sleepy again so over the last month or so have been resorting to daily naps and I have experienced the return of the first trimester nausea which isn't too fun! 

The last week has probably been the worst, my hormones are CRAZY and I will cry over almost anything, I'm exhausted then energetic, struggling to sleep and my left foot has swollen to the point where the majority of my shoes don't fit! 

BUT it's the home stretch now.. little guy could show his face any day now (although he seems pretty happy just to stay in my belly forever at the moment) and I am SO excited to meet my little guy and not be pregnant anymore!

It's been a rollercoaster and not something I will easily forget about, but I know it will all be worth it when I see my little man!

Lyd
xxx

1 comment:

  1. I had a terrible pregnancy! Good luck for labour, Pethidine is a dream! haha x

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete