Monday 3 March 2014

February Favourites 2014


So February has been pretty disappointing favourite-wise - I've mainly been enjoying everything featured in my January favourite's still! So it's a pretty poor turn out for this month but, nevertheless, I've picked a few things I've been enjoying. 

1. Ciate Polish in Red Hot Chilli
I was sent this in a Glossybox and have been really loving it, it's the perfect orangey-red colour and since we've had a bit of sun this has been making a few appearances!

2. Botanics 'All Bright' Cleansing Toner
This is the first product I've tried from the revived Botanics range and I must say I've been really impressed with the results. I've been using this toner in the morning and it really feels like it freshens and brightens the skin - unfortunately I think this is due to the alcohol content in the toner but that doesn't bother me too much. And the best part is, it's cheap!

3. VO5 Plump It Up Mousse
I have misplaced the lid for this and hope aesthetically it doesn't offend you all too much in the above photograph! I have really flat hair naturally and since having a considerable length chopped off recently it's felt even more limp. I don't blow dry my hair too often, but when I do I've been scrunching this into my roots and doing a little upside-down blow dry to inject some life into my hair! This doesn't feel like you've put product in your hair after using it which is great, yet it still gives some bounce! 

4. La Roche Posay Anthelios XL SPF 50
As I mentioned above, THE SUNS BEEN OUT! Don't get me wrong, it's still freezing, however we've been blessed with some lovely crisp sunny days over the past few weeks. I dug this SPF out as I felt something a little more protective was required and I've been using it daily over the last few weeks. It's non sticky and I can just pop my make up straight on top and it has a super high SPF so I don't need to worry about damaging my extremely fair skin!

5. Blistex Relief Cream
Finally, this little guy has rescued my lips this month. I think a lot of people have been suffering with sore chapped lips over the past couple of months and I haven't found anything that really made much of a difference. I picked this up on a whim in Boots thinking it might do the trick and saw pretty much instant results. I'm not 100% sure what the deal is with this, it almost seems medicated and it smells pretty horrific but cracking this on once a day has been enough to keep my lips smooth.

Hopefully there will be a few more favourites this month! My 21st is coming up soon after all!

What have you guys been loving this month?

Lyd
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment