Monday 3 February 2014

January 2014 Beauty Favourites




So it's monthly favourites time and time to share what I've been loving throughout January. This month feels like it's dragged so much, I'm too eager for the beginning of this year to pass quickly so I can get my little boy out! 

Asda 'Little Angels' Large Cotton Wool Pads 
First up are these cotton wool pads from Asda which were a total bargain at £1.47 a pack. They've made for babies but I've been using them with my toner etc. and they are super soft. There's 100 in a pack so they last for ages too!

Aussie 'Miracle Hair Insurance' Leave in Conditioner
I used to use this all the time in my teenage years and when I saw it on offer had to pick it up for nostalgia's sake! When I spray this through my hair it is SO much more managable and my brush just glides straight through. I think some people might find the scent off-putting. I think it's Eucalyptus-ey, but I don't mind it. Super cheap and it does the job so it get's a thumbs up from me!

The Body Shop Tea Tree Shower Gel
Okay so this made be TMI, but pregnancy has made my skin on my chest and back a little awkward. I've never had greasy skin there before but since being pregnant my skin has gotten greasy and often a little spotty. I've been using this wash there when I shower which is made for the treatment of blemish prone skin and I must say the benefits are noticable! I'm not too keen on the scent of tea tree but, as I know it's doing a job, I can deal with it!

The Body Shop Satsuma Beautifying Oil
Another Body Shop favourite here and HOLY CRAP this smells incredible! I bought the fragrance oil for this and burned it for weeks on end in my house and when it came round to getting an oil for my belly, I knew I had to go for this scent again! If you haven't smelt the Satsuma range yet, seriously go try it out! I've been using this every day(ish) on my belly to treat my stretching skin. My mother didn't get stretch marks and as they are hereditary I don't think I will, however I can feel the skin getting damaged and want to keep it supple. To be honest, I think any oil would be fine... but why not get one that just smells so damn good?

The Body Shop 'Deep Sleep' Pillow and Body Mist
Okay, didn't realise there were so many products from the Body Shop! This is the last one, I promise. I bought this after hearing people rave about the This Works pillow spray. This is a fraction of the price at around £10 and considering the Body Shop have deals on all the time I think I picked this up for maybe half the price. I actually don't have much trouble getting to sleep but my partner does and I have a tendency to wake up a lot during the night, so I picked this up thinking it would help us out a bit! To be honest, I'm not sure if it does aid sleep in any way but it smells really lovely - surprisingly cistrusy - and I think the ritual of spraying this before head hits pillow is just lovely and very relaxing!

Clinique High Impact Mascara
This was actually a Christmas gift from my Dad which came as a bit of a surprise! I'd never tried it before and usually I don't splash out too much on mascara's but this one really is great. It's super black and applies to my lashes really easily. It doesn't flake off during the day - but then it's really easy to get off in the evening! Can't fault this at all - I really want to try teaming it with the bottom lash mascara...

Elemis Fresh Skin Loving Lips Lip Balm
I can't remember where I got this but I definitely didn't buy it - maybe a beauty box? My lips have been really problematic this month and I've been slathering on the lip balm at any given opportunity. I found this in my stash and tried it out and really like it. It's a little minty which I love, and sort of melts into the lips making them feel really smoothed over. I haven't seen this in shops since and probably won't re-purchase as I have my eyes on the Korres ones next, however this has done the world of good for my lips the past few weeks and has nearly all gone!

L'occitane Creme Radieusse Hydration Creme
Another surprising male Christmas purchase, this time by my boyfriend! My skin has been a bit of a nightmare in general during pregnancy and it's definitely more sensitive. This is a natural face creme and has that 'herby' scent about it, which I don't mind. I've been using this at night as its a little thick for day use. It sinks in quickly and leaves my skin feeling funky fresh. My only issue with this is the pot - it's such a weird shape... and I don't like dipping my fingers into creams because I always end up with under-the-nail cream residue!

Illamasqua Cream Blush in 'Dixie'
Finally, I have been really enjoying this blush the past few weeks. I got it on sale from the Illamasqua website for around 7 pounds - bargain! I was never fond of cream blushers because I found them tricky to apply but this is super blendable. I've been putting this on using my ELF small stippling brush and the colour is lovely. I hate anything too pink, but this is a red / coral toned pink which I love!

So there's everything for this month! 

What have you guys been enjoying this month?

Lyd
xxx

4 comments:

  1. Love the smell of tea tree xo

    pearlsandsparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that aussie leave in conditioner, smells so good! X

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award on Bloglovin! Check out my blog for details. http://prettybyalexa.blogspot.dk/2014/02/me-liebster-award.html
    xoxo Alexa

    ReplyDelete