Tuesday 11 February 2014

Illamasqua 'Hollow' Cream Pigment




Hello everybody!

Apologies for the lack of posting over the past week. Life had got the better of me...

I wanted to post a quick review of the much raved about Illamasqua 'Hollow' pigment. This pigment has seen a lot of praise from beauty bloggers on the paler side of the spectrum and as someone with the pastiest of white skins I was dying to get my hands on it and try it out. I bought it directly from Illamasqua here and it costs £17.50 for 8 grams.

I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and have mixed feelings about it...

I really like the colour of this, its the perfect match for the pale skinned and doesn't show signs of 'orangey-ness'. I find it quite hard to work with though, it's pretty tough in the pan and whether I apply with my finger or brush (I apply this with my Real Techniques Contour Brush) it takes a while to blend it into my skin. I did find this quite surprising as I've been using it in conjunction with my Illamasqua cream blush which I mentioned in my January fave's which is an absolute dream to get on!

I tried this on my eyelids as a base today to see how it faired in the cream eyeshadow arena and had similar results. Nice colour, too hard to work with. I still much prefer the Maybelline Colour Tattoos!

I will continue to use this and, in general, it's a good product but query whether it's worth the price.

If any of you know of any other products which are a bit easier to work with / easier on the purse, please let me know!

Lyd
xxx

2 comments:

  1. hello dear. you have very nice blog. I love it <3
    tell me what about follow each other, I always follow back so let me know (>‿♥)
    xoxo from Spain
    www.thegrisgirl.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just nominated you for the Liebster Award!! Visit my blog to have a look at the questions I have asked you !

    Much love,
    Silvy xxx

    http://stephlui.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete