Tuesday 18 February 2014

Growing a Human: The Second Trimester

So I'm 26 weeks now, 6 months pregnant and entering my third trimester! This means it's time to relay my experience of the second trimester to you all...


At the very beginning of my second trimester I got to see my little one for the first time! I still felt really tiny, so seeing something that had the form of an actual baby was crazy! He was kicking and jumping about like crazy which was really reassuring to see. 

Symptom-wise... my sickness eased off completely but I was still exhausted for a while. The worst problem I had was with my ankles which caused me agonising pain for a few weeks. There's a few reasons which could have caused this and I won't bore you with the details, just know that it was super painful!

Near the beginning of my second trimester I also fainted. In public. In 'Home Bargains' of all places. Having never fainted before and being unaware that pregnancy makes you faint, this shook me up quite a bit! I haven't fainted since, but have got that feeling like I'm about to lose consciousness and had to sit down. It only ever seems to happen when I'm on my own too which is never fun! 

As the weeks went on it all got easier and easier and my bump was becoming more and more visible. I had to come out to work with the news (didn't do this until I was 20 weeks gone!) and, surprisingly, everyone took it okay! I then came out to the rest of my friends / world / internet with the news and it was a HUGE weight of my shoulders. 

I then had my second scan at 20 weeks where we found out we were having a boy. I think pregnancy emotions for the better of me during this one because I felt so in love with the little fella' I just wanted to cry!


Since then we've been allowing ourselves to buy bits and pieces and generally start making plans for his arrival! 


Here's a snap of the belly at 3 months and 6 months to give you an idea of how I've grown during the second trimester - A LOT. 

I'm eating pretty much non-stop.. but don't have any cravings really. I've always been more of a vegetable person and have found myself wanting fruit all the time, as well as craving chicken nuggets more often than I would like... but haven't found myself unable to get through the day without eating something!

For a while tea / coffee made me feel sick which was pretty annoying considering how sleepy I was, but for the past few weeks I've been having the odd cup of tea and feeling great, so I'm glad that's subsided. 

Emotionally, still wild. I'm completely up and down all the time and if I start crying, I will not stop crying for a good few hours. Luckily, this isn't too often!

I'm so excited to meet my little man and can't wait to pop him out. I'm just hoping the next couple of month's fly by!

I will have more posts to follow with updates on the nursery / baby hauls!

Lyd 
xxx


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now! The 3rd trimester for me started off okay and then as I got bigger, it started to get more uncomfortable and tiring and Oscar could do some serious kicking in there! Looking forward to reading your updates :-) xx

    Kat from Blushing Rose Beauty | Tiny Flutters - Mummy & Baby

    ReplyDelete