Tuesday 21 April 2015

Month of Meals Week #2



Hi guys! Time for the second week of my #monthofmeals. Sorry this week is a little late... But with exams and coursework deadlines looming I have had little time to blog this week. Alas, it's a mummy day today, and whilst Archer is enjoying some Noddy I have a little time to myself! 

After editing these together... I have realised I actually skipped a day! Whoops! So that day will feature in the next round of meals (I suppose it doesn't really make much difference, no?)

SO lets get started

Day 1 - Fishcake with a poached egg, baked leeks, cauliflower and green beans
I don't make my own fishcakes. Ain't nobody got time for that. Nor did I poach the eggs, I suck at this... so I outsource this job to the boyfriend. Basically, a pretty lazy meal!


Day 2: Veggie Quesidillas, Mixed Brasied Cabbage and Airfried Asparagus
This picture looks less than appealling. I actually did the Quesidillas in the sandwich press... as my hob is an induction hob and as such is pretty rubbish. The sandwich press did a good job though - and so easy! I think it included peppers, spinach, tomatoes, avocado and cheese (although this could easy be omitted for a vegan dinner). I steam cabbage for 5 mins before frying off lightly in some olive spread and seasoning and chucked the asparagus in the actifry for about 5 mins. Another really easy dinner. 


Day 3: Cauliflower, Spinach and Cannellini Bean Curry w/ Quinoa and Bulgar Wheat
Curry is one of my go-to easy meals. And it's a good excuse to fill myself up with coconut, which I love! I think I snuck a leek in here too... I just fry off some onion / leek / whatever, add some curry paste (from a jar... ain't nobody got time for that), then veggie stock and cauliflower, cook til soft then throw in some coconut milk and spinach for a few minutes! 


Day 4: Lentil, Mushroom, Kidney Bean Ragu w/ wholewheat spaghetti
I adapted this recipe by Foxes Loves Lemons here (I just added kidney beans... nothing special!) to make it extra protein-packed. I love lentils. I love spaghetti. Enough said really...


Day 5: Basil Pesto Wholewheat Spaghetti w/ Leek and Broccoli
SPAGHETTI AGAIN. I love the stuff. I also love pesto, a lot. I just chuck a load of basil leaves, 1 garlic clove, pine nuts and olive oil in my Magimix and give it a blitz. Cook pasta, steam broccoli, chop a leek an whack it in a pan with some butter (or substitute of your choosing.. I like olive spread), whack it all together and voila! Shout out to my slipper flip-flops (of slip-flops as I like to call them...)


Day 6: Airfried Potato, Baked Spinach, Kale and Mushroom topped with a Fried Egg
This is more of a brunch. But sometimes I want a fried egg and it's 8pm, I think that's okay...right? This is pretty self explanatory... I think I airfried the potatoes for about 25 mins, baked mushroom for about 20 and Kale/spinach (in a little oil) for about 10. IT WAS GOOD. And that's coming from someone who doesn't really like Kale...

(OH AND REMOVING KALE STEMS SUCKS)



Day 7: Salmon and Spinach Risotto with Broccoli
If you didn't realise already, I have a broccoli obsession. This was super easy... I sweated down some leek and 1/2 an onion, added the risotto rice, then stock... then more stock... then more stock... etc. etc. I based a salmon fillet in the oven, then flaked it in when the risotto was nearly done along with the spinach. I added cheese. It didn't need it. But I love cheese. 

And there you have it! 

As you can tell... I don't want these posts to be just me posting recipes. I'd rather hope they can act more as inspiration for people who needs ideas for easy meals (especially anyone whose leaning towards a vegetarian or pescetarian lifestyle). Cooking and experimenting is fun... religiously following recipes is not! 

I hope you enjoyed this weeks Month of Meals post... the next one will be up shortly! 

xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment