Sunday 10 April 2016

GLOW BOOSTING WITH SOAP & GLORY'S 'BRIGHT AND BEAUTIFUL' SERUM!



My skin has certainly been a little lacklustre as we slowly creep out of the colder months of the year in the UK. My skin isn't dry, but it is dehydrated and frequently not getting enough sleep doesn't help!

I picked up this '6-in-1 energising radiance serum'  (£13) from Soap and Glory hoping that it could help make me look a little more awake when I head out the door at 7:30. I've never tried anything from Soap and Glory that I didn't like, so I had high hopes. 

I have to admit, initially when I used this underneath moisturiser... I didn't really think it did much - or at least not enough that it would show through my foundation. 

So... I switched up my method. I'm currently using the L'Oreal Infallible Matte foundation which does set down to a very matte, mid-high coverage finish. If I feel like I need a little more glow to my skin (aka most days), I'll mix 2 parts foundation with 1 part serum and make my own super-glowy non oily foundation combination. This way the glow from the serum doesn't get masked by the foundation! I've not tried this with other foundations - I'd imagine that it might not work so well with foundations which are already leaning towards the 'dewy' side. 

I love the finish this product gives when mixed into my foundations - for me I loved the longevity and colour match of the Infallible matte foundation but thought it was just a little too matte for my skin type. 

I'd love to know if you have any glow-boosting recommendations for me!

xxx

Follow

| TWITTER | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST |

No comments:

Post a Comment